Trim size: 8" x 10.5". For bleed ads, keep live matter at least 1/4" inside trim dimensions. Build pages to trim size and extend bleed beyond page edge. Non-bleed live matter should not exceed 7.5" x 10". Non-bleed fractional ads should be framed in a keyline sized to match the dimensions given below.
|Full Page||8 3/8" x 10 3/4"||6 13/16" x 9 3/16"|
|2-pg spread||16 1/2" x 10 3/4"||14 3/4" X 9 3/16"|
|2/3 pg. vert.||5 1/4" x 10 3/4"||4 1/2" x 9 1/4"|
|1/2 pg. island||4 1/2" x 6 7/8"|
|1/2 pg horiz.||8 3/8" x 5 3/8"||6 13/16" x 4 5/8"|
|1/3 pg. vert.||3" x 10 3/4"||2 3/16" x 9 1/4"|
|1/3 pg square||4 1/2" x 4 1/2"|
|1/6 pg vert.||2 3/16" x 4 1/2"|
MARKET GUIDE FORMATS:
1/9th page Rendezvous - 2 3/16" x 2 3/4"
Adventure Display - 2 3/16" column width, and 1" minimum to 4" maximum ad depth.
Line Classified - Space sold by line (45 characters per line), minimum 3 lines per ad.
PDF files with supporting QuarkXPress 6.0 or InDesign files, are requested. Please output PDF as high resolution (300 dpi at 100% of output size), with all fonts embedded, and no RGB or JPEG data. Please include the original QuarkXPress or InDesign files "Collected for Output" or "Packaged...", with all fonts and image files including elements embedded in EPS files. Film, TIFF/IT, and Scitex formats will NOT be accepted.
Avoid using style attributes such as bold, italic, outline and shadow, always use the actual stylized fonts. Include all family members of the typefaces used in your file, both screen (suitcase) and printer fonts.
COLOR/BLACK & WHITE:
Any colors used in your ad need to be specified correctly. Please convert all RGB files to CMYK output. 2/C ads must use two process colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black). All the specified colors in 2/C and 4/C digital files must be set to CMYK process colors. This includes spot colors. We do not print with custom or Pantone inks without prior arrangement. Black and white ads must contain images set to Grayscale.
Each ad must include either a laser printout for B/W ads, or a matchprint on publication grade paper for ALL color ads. If one is not provided we cannot guarantee color, and we will charge a fee to pull one from our prepress.
Advertisers will be billed at cost for converting materials that do not meet mechanical requirements. Client-requested changes, such as key numbers or additional preparation of artwork, will also be billed.
Processing charges may occur. In all cases, improperly prepared or otherwise problematic files will be assessed as to their usability, and an estimate given of any additional charges involved.
Bleed - no additional charge.
SUPPORTED TRANSPORT MEDIA:
CD or DVD
E-mail files that are less than 7 MB in size.
FTP files exceeding 7 MB - contact for information.
CHECKLIST FOR DIGITAL AD SUBMISSIONS:
- Have you set the colors in the ad to CMYK?
- Have you set black and white Photoshop files to Grayscale?
- Have you saved your Photoshop files as either TIFF or EPS? Have you saved your Illustrator files as EPS?
- Have you included all the graphic files used in your ad?
- Have you included every typeface used in your ad, including fonts used in the creation of Illustrator EPS files?
- Have you double-checked the exact size of your advertisement?
- Have you double-checked your text for possible incorrect dates, phone numbers, area codes, and misspelled names?
- Have you included a matchprint for your color ad or laser proof for your black and white ad?
- Are the files (ad, graphics, and fonts) copied onto a CD?
- Have you clearly labelled all disks and included return information for any disks?
Send all contracts, insertion orders, and artwork to:
Advertising Production Coordinator
85 Second St., 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105-3441
Questions regarding the information above should be directed to the advertising production coordinator at (415) 977-5650.